Ethel Violet ("Hettie") Wright (1902 - 1994)
Ethel Violet ("Hettie") Wright1,2,3
Events and attributes
5 November 1902 (age 0)
2 April 1911 (age 8)
1, Eton Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham, England1
July 1922 (age 19)
July 1922 (age 19)
Southampton, Hampshire, England to Quebec, Canada
Notes: Her objective in going to Canada was "To better herself" and "To make my home". She intended to reside permanently in Canada. Her passage was partly paid by herself and partly by the Salvation Army, and her destination was Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada c/o the Salvation Army. Her nearest relative in England was her mother Mrs M.A. Wright of 49 Gough Road, Greet, Birmingham (also given as Ethel's last address in England).2,6
24 October 1924 (age 21)
221, Peel Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Notes: When Mary Agnes Wright travelled to Canada in October 1924, she stated that she was going to join her sisters Susan and Hettie [probably Ethel] at 221 Peel Street, Montreal.7
6 August 1925 (age 22)
20 October 1994 (age 91)
- [S34] 1911 census of England, Worcestershire, Balsall Heath, Mrs M. Wright; digital image, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 20 September 2016); citing Class: RG14; Piece: 17910; Schedule Number: 181.
- [S131] "Canada, Ocean Arrivals (Form 30A), 1919-1924", digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 28 October 2016), entry for Ethel Violet Wright born abt 1904 Birmingham England arrival 17 July 1922 Quebec; citing Library and Archives Canada. Form 30A, 1919-1924 (Ocean Arrivals). Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada, n.d.. RG 76. Department of Employment and Immigration Fonts. Microfilm Reels: T-14939 to T-15248.
- [S134] "Drouin Collection Records", images online, Quebec Records (Drouin Institute) (https://www.genealogiequebec.com: accessed 31 October 2016), marriage at St George's Anglican Church 6 August 1925 between Lewis Alfred William Wheatley and Hettie Wright (image d1p_1146d1087) citing St' George's (Montreal) Parish Registers.
- [S133] Dennis Family Files
- [S66] FreeBMD, "Search," database, FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl )
- [S132] "UK, Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960", digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 28 October 2016), manifest, Andania, departing 6 July 1922, Ethel Wright age 19; citing Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Outwards Passenger Lists. BT27. Records of the Commercial, Companies, Labour, Railways and Statistics Departments. Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies. The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England.
- [S71] "Canada, Ocean Arrivals (Form 30A), 1919-1924", digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 16 October 2016), entry for Mary Agnes Wright born abt 1888 Sutton Coldfield arrival Nov 1924 Quebec; citing Library and Archives Canada. Form 30A, 1919-1924 (Ocean Arrivals). Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada, n.d.. RG 76. Department of Employment and Immigration Fonts. Microfilm Reels: T-14939 to T-15248.